We know, we know… you wanted some more recipes… So here it is a new one. Some days ago we developed a new recipe at home and we wanted to share it with you all. This is a very easy one: a pulled salmon sandwich with guacamole. Fish is something that the Hispanic community in Germany misses everyday. We hope this salmon sandwich will help you overcome the Heimweh.
What do we need for our pulled salmon sandwich with guacamole?
- a piece of bread or, even better, a bagel.
- 100 gr. of fresh salmon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- A bunch of cilantro
- Salt, lime or lemon
- A bit of sriracha sauce.
We start by making guacamole
- Cut the avocado in half. Score the inside of the avocado with a knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon and mash it.
- Chop the tomato, the onion and the cilantro and add it to the avocado.
- Add salt, lime or lemon juice and sriracha.
Then we prepare salmon
- Warm a nonstick skillet with sesame or olive oil over medium-low heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Raise the heat to medium-high. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. Cook until golden brown on 1 side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the fish over with a spatula, and cook until it feels firm to the touch and the skin is crisp if desired, about 3 minutes more.
- In the meanwhile we can put the bread into the oven.
We prepare the pulled salmon with guacamole sandwich
- Shred the salmon with two forks.
- First put a thick layer of guacamole and then a generous one of salmon.
- A bit of lemon juice and… it is ready!
This sandwich tastes amazing, it’s rich in Omega 3 and you can prepare it anytime: breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner.
As a side we also prepare a pickled cucumber salat. We cut the cucumber in fine slices and let it pickle 1-2 hours with abundant vinegar and salt.